Some School Policies Unique to the CAS
Transfer Credits and Year Two Electives
The CAS program is part of an accredited Engineering program delivered in cooperation with Dalhousie University. As such, it is subject to certain special rules and regulations governing transfer credits and year two electives not listed in the Acadia calendar. Some of those special rules are described on the sub-sections of this page. Just follow the links on the left.
Discipline Choice Procedure
Students normally specialize in their chosen engineering discipline in their second year of studies (third in the case of BASc/CAS students). Before taking any 'discipline-specific' courses they normally apply for and are given a 'placeholder' in a specific engineering discipline. Placement in engineering disciplines is competitive on the basis of grades and is managed by Dalhousie. It is important that students exactly follow the procedures listed in any given year to ensure their smooth progress through the program. More information can be found by following the link on the left.
Downloadable Dal Documents on Various Topics
- Dalhousie Transfer Credits Policy 2013-09-27.pdf (484.4 KiB)
- Dalhousie Complementary Studies Policy.pdf (870.4 KiB)
- Discipline Choice Procedure for Fall 2017 Admission to Dal.pdf (415.1 KiB)
- Applying to Dal Engineering for Fall 2017 Admission.pdf (504.8 KiB)
- Discipline Choice Procedure for Fall 2018 Admission to Dal.pdf (128.5 KiB)
- Co-op poster for AU Students (2017).pdf (543.0 KiB)